Do you sell on Amazon?
If you are a seller on Amazon, this is the bundle for you.
As Amazon sweeps through the categories for children's items, you may have received a notice about providing appropriate test reports. The problem is, Amazon doesn't give you much more direction than that, so I'm here to fill that gap.
In general, Amazon will require more than the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) actually requires and, there isn't much that can be done about that. Sometimes we can get by with some minor alterations and other times we have to have the whole battering of toy testing done. I can help you navigate that obstacle and get you the testing you need.
Amazon also seems to have an unspoken rule about only allowing US CPSC-accepted labs to test products and I have collaborated with an ISO-accredited, CPSC-accepted lab here in the USA.
The following are the typical tests (and prices) that you can expect to need for your product:
- ASTM F963-17 General Toy Standard ($250 physical/sample + $50/accessory)
- ASTM F963-17 Flammability ($85/sample + $25/accessory)
- 16 CFR Part 1303 Lead in Surface Coatings ($120/component)
- CPSIA Sec 101 Lead in Substrates ($120/component)
- CPSIA Sec 108 Phthalates ($300/component)
- ASTM F963-17 Soluble Heavy Metals ($300/component)
This adds up quick, but it is also highly dependent upon what your product is and how it's made. Because of the high variability, it is difficult to pin down a specific price and is why I've created this listing for you.
The amount you pay will include:
- Consultation with me through email where we can discuss your product, what Amazon has requested, and what action we can take to get your approval back.
- Credit to the testing that is required and you will only be invoiced for the amount that exceeds what was already paid.
There is no refund on this listing.
- 3-6 Samples of each product, fully labeled as it would be sent to the customer
- Completed Application
In this bundle, you'll receive:
- An application for testing.
- Testing at a CPSC-accepted ISO-accredited lab.
- Completed Children's Product Certificate (if chosen).
Turn Around Time:
Once I receive samples, budget for up to 4 weeks for reports. Rush services may be available pending the lab's schedule at a surcharge dependent upon how fast you need your results.
- Your application is 100% private. Please fill out every section honestly and to the best of your ability. I do not need the terms and services pages, those are yours to keep.
- You are the manufacturer. Country of Origin is where you put the finished toys together.
- Your style numbers should be the EAN numbers from Amazon.
- Age grading is your intended age range (example: 0+/Infant)
- End Use is what the product is (toy, board game, etc.)
- Care instructions are not needed.
A Children's Product Certificate is your document that says "I comply!".
To have this document in your records is the end-game for product safety compliance because it shows how you are complying with whatever regulations you are bound by.
The problem is that it's written by you and this document can be confusing. It involves yet more research into the regulations to find the codes you have to follow and the citations for any exemptions you might be allowed. To top it off, if you have any supplier statements or lab reports to indicate, that just adds more work to your plate.
Leave the creating of this document to me and save yourself the time and headache.
You'll receive a Childen's Product Certificate for one product and instructions to maintain the document for the rest of your business' lifespan. ($105 value)
This bundle is for those in the US and selling to the US.
Any changes in the lab's quote may increase the price and you will be notified before testing is completed.
I am not a lawyer and purchasing this offer is only a service.
This service is non-refundable.