Do you want to have a safe product?
I've collaborated with a CPSC-accepted lab so you'll have:
- Up to 3 legally compliant designs ready for sale. ($600+ value)
- 2 test fixtures and guidance for easy at-home testing (if chosen). ($20 value)
- 1 digital book walking you through the entire compliance process easily. ($35 value)
- 1 completed Certificate of Compliance (if chosen). ($99 value)
If you make a silicone and/or wood teethers, this is the bundle for you.
While others are spending time researching government websites about the regulations, testing a single design for $200+, and hoping that they've captured all of the requirements for their teethers and clips, you could have up to three designs, the process laid out in your hand, and peace of mind for a fraction of that.
- Teethers need to have both Small Parts testing (16 CFR Part 1501) and Teether testing (ASTM F963-17) done. It is required that Small Parts testing be done at a CPSC-accepted lab, but if you are a Small Batch Manufacturer, registered with the CPSC (SaferProducts.gov), then you are allowed to do the Teether testing (ASTM F963-17) at home using your own fixtures.
You'll have exactly that in this bundle if:
- You have up to 3 styles you are itching to get out to the world.
- Your components have already had testing for lead, phthalates, and other heavy elements (ask your supplier!).
- You are willing to do some tests in your own home with the guidance of our included fixture bundle (don't worry, it's so easy, my 9 year old can do it in 5 minutes)(if chosen).
- Up to 3 Designs of teethers
- 3 Samples of each design (packaging not needed)
- Completed Application
In this bundle, you'll receive:
- A digital book for process information.
- An application for testing.
- Instructions on how testing is done.
- The fixture bundle for at-home toy testing (if chosen).
- Testing for Small Parts only at a CPSC-accepted lab that lasts a year.*
- Completed Children's Product Certificate (if chosen).
With this bundle, you'll have up to 3 legally compliant teether designs to sell and all you have to do is follow the included book and instructions, send me your products, and wait for your results.
*If you want to test BOTH Small Parts & ASTM Teether testing at the lab, please email me at info@MyProductSafety.com.
What makes a "style"?
When looking at your designs, we are looking at differences in design and differences in beads' shapes, sizes, and material. For example:
- Silicone teether star with silicone round beads
- Teether ring w/(16)15mm silicone round beads
- Teether ring w/wood coffee cup pendant, (13)15mm silicone round beads, (2) silicone specialty beads
- Teether ring w/(2) wood rings, (8)15mm silicone round beads, (3)19mm silicone round beads, (2) wood beehive beads
- Wood teething ring with fabric bunny ears
Turn Around Time:
Once I receive samples, budget for up to 3 weeks for reports.
- Your application is 100% private. Please fill out every section honestly and to the best of your ability. I do not need the terms and services pages, those are yours to keep.
- You are the manufacturer. Country of Origin is where you put the finished teethers together.
- Your style numbers can be anything as long as they indicate the 3 different styles (ex. 001, 002, 003).
- Age grading is 0+/Infant
- End Use is "Sensory Toy"
- Care instructions are not needed, but most use "Wipe down with damp cloth, do not submerge".
A Children's Product Certificate is your document that says "I comply!".
To have this document in your records is the end-game for product safety compliance because it shows how you are complying with whatever regulations you are bound by.
The problem is that it's written by you and this document can be confusing. It involves yet more research into the regulations to find the codes you have to follow and the citations for any exemptions you might be allowed. To top it off, if you have any supplier statements or lab reports to indicate, that just adds more work to your plate.
Leave the creating of this document to me and save yourself the time and headache.
You'll receive a Childen's Product Certificate for one product and instructions to maintain the document for the rest of your business' lifespan. ($99 value)
Do you want some extra help and support?
Join The Makers' Community (and get a discount on testing too!)
This bundle is for those in the US and selling to the US. Testing is by US Small Parts standards only.
Any changes in the lab's quote may increase the price and you will be notified before testing is completed.
I am not a lawyer and purchasing this offer is only a service.
This service is non-refundable.