Do you want to have a safe product?I've collaborated with a CPSC-accepted lab so you'll have...
- Legally compliant designs ready for sale. ($800-$2000 value)
- First-Party (Self) Testing Information and Record Sheet ($15 value)
- 1 completed Certificate of Compliance (if chosen). ($105 value)
If you make a toy intended for children under 3y, or other child care item for children under 3y, this is the bundle for you.
While others are spending time researching government websites about the regulations, getting quotes for a single design for $200-$600, and hoping that they've captured all of the requirements for their toys, you could have multiple designs, the process laid out in your hand, and peace of mind for a fraction of that.
- Toys intended for children under 3y require Small Parts (16 CFR Part 1501) testing at a lab.
- Toys for children under 12y requires compliance to ASTM F963-17, but as a registered Small Batch Manufacturer with the CPSC, you can feasibly do this on your own following the ASTM F963-17 publication (not included).
You'll have safe toys with this bundle if:
- You have toys you are itching to get out to the world.
- Your components have already had testing for lead, phthalates, and other heavy elements as applicable (ask your supplier!).
- You are willing to do the ASTM F963-17 testing at home (as applicable)
- Toys of course
- 3 Samples of each design (packaging not needed)
- Completed Application
In this bundle, you'll receive:
- An application for testing,
- Testing at an ISO-accredited, CPSC-accepted lab that lasts a year in the USA,
- Wrtitten Testing Plan template, and
- Completed Children's Product Certificate (if chosen).
With this bundle, you'll have legally compliant toy designs to sell and all you have to do is send me your products, and wait for your results.
(It is highly encouraged to bubble wrap wood or other potentially fragile components)
What makes a "style"?
When looking at your styles, we are looking at differences in the type of materials, seams, and overall design. For example:
- In The Hoop stuffed rabbit (long ears) and safety eyes (1 sample)
- In The Hoop stuffed bear (short ears) and safety eyes (1 sample)
- Sewn doll with long hair and safety eyes (1 sample)
- Sewn doll with short hair and safety eyes (1 sample)
- Wood stacking rainbow set (3 samples)
- Wood stacking bowl set (3 samples)
Feel free to send photos to me at Hello@TheMakersResourceShop.com or m.me/TheMakersResourceShop on Facebook if you need additional help deciding on how many styles you have.
Turn Around Time:
Once I receive samples, budget for up to 4 weeks for reports.
- Your application is 100% private. Please fill out every section honestly and to the best of your ability. I do not need the terms and services pages, those are yours to keep.
- You are the manufacturer. Country of Origin is where you put the finished toys together.
- Your style numbers can be anything as long as they indicate the 3 different styles (ex. 001, 002, 003).
- Age grading is your intended age range (example: 0+/Infant)
- End Use is "Toy"
- Care instructions are not needed, but most use "Wipe down with damp cloth, do not submerge".
A Children's Product Certificate is your document that says "I comply!".
To have this document in your records is the end-game for product safety compliance because it shows how you are complying with whatever regulations you are bound by.
The problem is that it's written by you and this document can be confusing. It involves yet more research into the regulations to find the codes you have to follow and the citations for any exemptions you might be allowed. To top it off, if you have any supplier statements or lab reports to indicate, that just adds more work to your plate.
Leave the creating of this document to me and save yourself the time and headache.
You'll receive a Childen's Product Certificate for one product and instructions to maintain the document for the rest of your business' lifespan. ($105 value)
Do you want some extra help and support through the entire process for toys?
Join The Makers' Community (and get a discount on testing too!)
This bundle is for those in the US and selling to the US. Testing is by US Small Parts standards only.
Any changes in the lab's quote may increase the price and you will be notified before testing is completed.
I am not a lawyer and purchasing this offer is only a service.
This service is non-refundable.