Hey there, Maker Friend!
You've come across this "compliance" thing and now you are probably feeling all the feelings. When I first found out about compliance, I know I did!
Legitimately, I was SCARED when I first found out! Long story short, I truly imagined that little tiny cement jail cell with a pull-down bed and a tin bucket to do my business in.
The truth is, it's not like that, but I KNOW the feeling and I don't want that feeling to stick with you on this journey of yours.
I'm here to give you the information to help you build your passion with peace of mind that you are doing the right things to protect yourself, your business, your family, and your customer's families.
In my over 10 years of research and hands-on experience, I've learned a thing or two in order to help you the best I possibly can. These experiences include:
- Connecting with the CPSC for all my questions & assurance that information is correct
- Researching the Code of Federal Regulations for hours on end
- Guest speaking on small panels (Real Diaper Industry Association - 2014)
- Being requested by the (at the time) CPSC Small Business Ombudsman to guest speak on large panels (International Consumer Product Health and Safety Organization - 2016)
- Guest speaking for business coaches (Paper + Spark, Tizzit, That Mom With A Laser)
- Guest speaking on podcasts (Real Diaper Industry Association - 2015; Steve Chou's How My Wife Quit Her Job - 2015 Ep 091; Pixie Dust & Profits - 2022 Ep 59)
- Guest speaking & providing educational material for conferences (Real Diaper Industry Association - 2015; Work At Home Mom Podcast - 2017 EP 3 & 4; Crazy Crafters Convention - 2017; Association of Sewing & Design Professionals - 2020)
- Helped write an article in Handmade Seller Magazine - 2016)
- Helped various Amazon sellers reinstate their products (2017+)
- Managed a client through licensing with Disney (2020+)
- Member of various voluntary organizations (RDIA, ASTM, ICPHSO, SPSP)
- Member of ASTM F15 committee
- Reviews and comments on CPSC mandatory standards
- Recommended by the CPSC Small Business Ombudsman (former 2014-2016 and current 2016-present)
- Recommended by lawyers (Neal Cohen; Christina Scalera; Dana Bucy Miller)
- Have been a product safety compliance manager for multiple clothing companies.
I continually keep up with the ever-changing information in every way possible so that I can share that information with you in the most current and correct way.