Total Lead & Surface Coating Testing
Total Lead Content in
Substrates & Surface Coatings (Paints)
If you make anything for children or sell components that will be used for children's items, this is the bundle is for you.
While others are spending time searching for suppliers with tested components to use in their children's products, searching for labs and spending $200+ on a single basic component when they can't find a supplier, and hoping that they've asked for the right tests, you could have tested components ready for use, spend significantly less time researching, and have peace of mind.
- Components you want to use for children's products.
- Each component having at least 1 gram to test.
- Completed test request form.
How many tests will I need?
When looking at your component, you need to determine how many tests you'll need. For example:
- A grommet set is 1 test since all parts are made of the same metals.
- A grommet set that is painted/colored are 2 components since the metal is 1 and the paint/coating is also 1 (5 parts are needed).
- A pacifier clip component is made of 2 components since it has metal parts and plastic teeth.
- Silicone beads with designs is made of 1 component. If a multi-color focal bead or teether shape, this is 1/color (5 beads are needed).
- Vinyl sheeting is 1 component (5x5 piece is needed).
- Paint, each color is 1 component (need 1 gram wet in a tightly closed bottle).
- A request form for testing,
- The appropriate Lead testing at an ISO-accredited, CPSC-approved lab in the USA,
- Written Test Plan template, and
- Certificate of Compliance (if chosen).
With this bundle, you'll know exactly if the component is good for children's items to sell and all you have to do is send me your products, and wait for your results.
Turn Around Time:
Once I receive samples, budget for up to 4 weeks for reports.
I receive samples, prep, and ship to the lab every Thursday with next evening delivery.
Lab receives samples, provides me a final quote within 3 days, I pay, and they begin testing next business day. Testing is generally 5 business days.
Test Request Form:
- Your request form is 100% private. Please fill out every section honestly and to the best of your ability.
- You are the manufacturer of anything you personally create, otherwise, list your supplier (again, 100% private)
- Country of Origin is where the component is from.
- Your style numbers can be anything as long as they indicate the different styles (ex. 001, 002, 003, PC-001, PC-002, TR-001, TR-002, etc.).
- Age grading is your intended age range (example: 0+/Infant)
- End Use is what the final product might be (toy, children's clothing, etc.)
Done For You Certificate
Because I know you'll have questions about the certificate you will create for your children's item (or customers if you sell components), I am offering the option to add on the certificate of compliance write up for a fraction the usual price ($105)! This document is your goal; it tells the CPSC that you comply with their regulations and how.
Wouldn't you like to save both time and money so you get to sit back, create, and sell?
This bundle is for those in the US and selling to the US. Testing is by Total Lead in Substrate or Lead in Surface Coatings USA standards only.
The lab's quote may increase the price depending on sampling and needs once they receive the sample in-hand. You will be notified before testing is started and will be responsible for the excess if you choose to continue with the testing as chosen.
I am not a lawyer and purchasing this offer is only a service.
This service is non-refundable.