ASTM F963-17 Testing
ASTM F963-17 Testing
ASTM F963 General Toy Standard Testing
I've collaborated with a CPSC-accepted lab so you'll have...
- Legally compliant designs ready for sale. ($800-$2000 value)
- First-Party (Self) Testing Information and Record Sheet ($15 value)
- Written Testing Plan Template ($100 value)
- Toy Test Fixtures (+$10 if chosen; $20 value)
- Done-for-you Certificate of Compliance (+$50 if chosen; $210/document retail)
If you make a toy intended for children under 12y, this is the bundle for you.
While others are spending time researching government websites about the regulations, getting quotes for $600-$1000 for physical & mechanical testing, and hoping that they've captured all of the requirements for their toys, you could have your designs and peace of mind for a fraction of that.
- Toys intended for children under 3y also require Small Parts (16 CFR Part 1501) testing at a lab.
- Toys for children under 12y requires compliance to ASTM F963-17 and as a Small Batch Manufacturer registered with the CPSC, you could feasibly do this on your own following the ASTM F963-17 publication, but sometimes, the peace of mind is worth knowing it's done perfectly.
You'll have safe toys with this bundle if:
- Your components have already had testing (or are exempt) for lead, phthalates, and other heavy elements as applicable (ask your supplier!). This test is only for physical/mechanical testing.
- 3 Samples of each design, fully labeled and packaged as it would be sent to the customer.
- Completed Test Request Form.
In this bundle, you'll receive:
- A Test Request Form for testing,
- Instructions on how to prepare and ship your samples,
- Physical/mechanical testing to ASTM F963-17 at a CPSC-accepted ISO-accredited lab in the USA,
- Written Testing Plan template, and
- Completed Children's Product Certificate (if chosen).
With this bundle, you'll have legally compliant toy designs to sell and all you have to do is send me your products, and wait for your results.
(It is highly encouraged to bubble wrap wood or other potentially fragile components)
What makes a "style"?
When looking at your styles, we are looking at differences in the type of materials, seams, and overall design. For example:
- In The Hoop stuffed rabbit (long ears) and safety eyes
- In The Hoop stuffed bear (short ears) and safety eyes
- Sewn doll with long hair and safety eyes
- Sewn doll with short hair and safety eyes
- Wood stacking rainbow set
- Wood stacking bowl set
Feel free to send photos to me at Hello@TheMakersResourceShop.com or m.me/TheMakersResourceShop on Facebook if you need additional help deciding on how many styles you have.
Turn Around Time:
Once I receive samples, budget for up to 4 weeks for reports.
Test Request Form:
- Your request form is 100% private. Please fill out every section honestly and to the best of your ability.
- You are the manufacturer. Country of Origin is where you put the finished toys together.
- Your style numbers can be anything as long as they indicate the different styles (ex. 001, 002, 003).
- Age grading is your intended age range (example: 0+/Infant)
- End Use is "Toy"
A Children's Product Certificate is your document that says "I comply!".
To have this document in your records is the end-game for product safety compliance because it shows how you are complying with whatever regulations you are bound by.
The problem is that it's written by you and this document can be confusing. It involves yet more research into the regulations to find the codes you have to follow and the citations for any exemptions you might be allowed. To top it off, if you have any supplier statements or lab reports to indicate, that just adds more work to your plate.
Leave the creating of this document to me and save yourself the time and headache.
You'll receive a Childen's Product Certificate for one product and instructions to maintain the document for the rest of your business' lifespan. ($210/document retail)
Do you want some extra help and support through the entire process for toys?
Join The Makers' Community (and get a discount on testing too!)
This bundle is for those in the US and selling to the US. Testing is by US ASTM F963-17 Physical/Mechanical standards only.
Any changes in the lab's quote may increase the price and you will be notified before testing is completed.
I am not a lawyer and purchasing this offer is only a service.
This service is non-refundable.